The purpose of the Communicable Diseases, also known as Infectious Diseases, course is to educate professionals and early child care staff on the various types of communicable diseases and precautions to protect them and other individuals receiving supports from contracting and/or spreading potential infectious diseases.
This is a 6 hour initial training and a 3 hour refresher training as approved by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
**Training is valid for 3 years.
Please Note: In-Service Forms are provided for completed training.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The training will enable staff to:
- State the rationale for and definition of standard (universal) precautions,
- Identify various aspects of communicable diseases,
- Understand the disease causing organisms and how they spread,
- Identify preventable diseases and related immunizations,
- Demonstrate proper hand washing procedures, and
- Identify the proper notification procedures for various communicable diseases.
WHO WILL NEED TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is offered to individuals within the following professions:
- Child Care Agencies,
- Independent Day Care Providers,
- Independent Day Care Center,
- Developmental Disability Agencies, and
- And many more!