Health & Safety
Providing high quality care for other people’s children is important work that takes special knowledge. This course is designed to ensure that the children in your care are physically and emotionally healthy and safe.
Current Ohio Department of Job and Family Services requires 8 hours of health and safety. The curriculum is designed to meet this requirement and to provide sufficient information and resources to broaden the client’s knowledge base.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Through this training, you will learn about children’s basic needs and how to meet those needs in a group care environment. Also, the course will also give a basic introduction into legal requirements and some of the typical hazards staff may encounter in the workplace.
The Health & Safety Introduction course covers the following:
- Health & Safety legislation and guidelines,
- Responsibilities of employees,
- Typical hazards that occur within the workplace, and
- And other topics covered.
This training is meant to promote a safe, healthy, learning, and nurturing place for children to thrive in your care.
WHO WILL NEED TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
This course is designed to help early care and education staff members understand exactly what good health and safety practice is all about.
Other professions include:
- Experienced health and safety trainers,
- Childcare health consultants, and
- Other registered nurses or licensed physicians with professional experience in infection control.